September 12, 2013

Eye of the Storm


Yes that is Y mountain. This picture was taken back in February - note the beautiful storm clouds? Oh yeah.


We get doubtful looks from people who know & love us frequently these days. We told people that Daniel would be starting work at Cold Stone in May... and it is September. The looks we get tell us that we are crazy for still being hopeful and optimistic in the middle of this craziness. They express their concern for our well-being and possibly even our sanity in continuing this endeavor and not having given up yet.

I know these people love us and are just worried. I appreciate that. And to be perfectly honest, it hasn't been easy. This has been a very long summer with neither of us working and having several days where we sit around bored and asking ourselves what on earth we will be doing today, not to mention tomorrow or next week when we are still bored.

Overall though, I feel more like we are right now in the Eye of the Storm. You know, the part where it is all calm and kind of nice despite the big, scary storm raging around us. Things are a little rough and scary right now, but we are doing well and are happy. I feel as though a huge part of this reason has to do with the peace that we felt when we decided to move to Vernal and take part in this adventure.

I remember so well how good it felt to make the decision to move to Vernal even though I was cautious at first. It wasn't something we ever thought we would do, but we had no doubt that it was the Lord's plan for us and it has been the Lord that has carried us through the past few months and helped us realize how blessed we are to have had this time together. I know that because we are doing the things we are supposed to be doing, in the place we are supposed to do them, that God will continue to bless us and everything will work out in His time.

I guess what I'm saying is that we acknowledge that things aren't going as planned and yes, we are being very cautious and are times concerned for the future. But we aren't afraid. We are hopeful and excited and calm.

And we are also very grateful for all the prayers in our behalf. Thank you for your support and love.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment