July 26, 2014

Book Review: A Timeless Romance Anthology (Summer in New York Collection)


I don't know how many times I'll say it, but I LOVE these Timeless Romance Anthologies. I love reading romances - especially good, clean romances. And that is what these collections are full of. Romance and excitement and lots of fun.

For example, in Janette Rallison’s delightful novella, JOB HAZARDS, Lydia is "working a corner" as an undercover cop until an old high school flame comes by to save her from a bad life. It's a hilarious story with very witty characters that made me laugh and roll my eyes. Or take a look at A TASTE OF SUN by Heather B. Moore. Winona goes to New York to house-sit for her aunt who in turn has asked the upstairs neighbor to show Winona around and help her have fun.

Not only is each story fun, though. I noticed that in this collection, the books had more serious underlying themes. They were still fun, but they also really reached into my heart. Like the character Marisol in Luisa Perkins's DULCE DE LECHE who has had to work for everything she has received and how she deals with rude employers. Or Dani and Mark in the wonderful novella FIRSTS AND LASTS. They were such amazing characters - dreamers trying to make it big in New York City. They meet right when Dani has decided to give up and go home but wants to do a few things first that she's never done before - like visit the Metropolitan Museum.

Then I got super giddy and giggly reading TAKE A CHANCE, a captivating story by Sarah M. Eden. Miguel gets stuck in an airport due to delays and is surprised to find out that his ex-girlfriend is on the same flight. He decides that during their wait at the airport he is going to try to win her back, and goodness gracious he is one charming man!!! And then in Lisa Mangum’s whimsically titled story: &, (brilliant, right?) when hard-working Lucy got a big break and gets a party to celebrate, who knew she'd find courage and her real self when she goes to print the invitations and meets Jesse. Jesse, by the way, is a fantastic example of tall, dark and handsome.

Overall, I loved this collection. I love the discoveries that the characters made about themselves and the other people in their lives and how it changes them. It opened my eyes to love all around me - especially the love I share with Husband. Wonderful wonderful wonderful read. The end.

Find the Summer in New York Collection at AMAZON and GOODREADS

No comments:

Post a Comment