May 19, 2014
Book Review: Ilana's Wish
I cannot tell you how much I loved this book. Even when I wasn't reading it, I was still thinking about it - worrying and praying for the characters, hoping that it would all turn it right in the end. It was wonderful. It was intense, spiritual, emotional, and just awesome. I had a hard time reading at a few points because it was so real and the emotion was so raw. It was hard. But it was also beautiful & a fantastic story of hope and change.
That's really all I have to say about it, except encourage you to read it. It is well worth the time.
Ilana's Wish by Annette Lyon, is Book #8 in the Newport Ladies Book Club series. Although it's Book #8, it can be read stand-alone as well. Some of the novels in the series have romance, but they're primarily women's fiction. Here's a short blurb:
Ilana Goldstein leads an enviable life: a thriving career and a happy marriage to a handsome doctor. All that’s missing is a baby . . . Then, in an instant, her life falls apart. Now, beneath Ilana’s once flawless exterior hides a dark secret. Following a rapid succession of crushing trials, Ilana turns to prescription medications to take the edge off her agony—both the ache of her body and the anguish of her soul. But when her desperation to dull the pain leads to the downward spiral of addiction, her friends in the Newport Ladies Book Club must do whatever it takes to save one of their own.
Find Ilana's Wish by clicking on any of the following links. Do it. You won't regret it.
AMAZON
GOODREADS
DESERET BOOK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment