March 28, 2014
Book Review: The Fortune Cafe
The Fortune Cafe is a Tangerine Street Romance - a novel in three parts by three fantastic authors Julie Wright, Melanie Jacobson, & Heather Moore.
Part One: Mis-Fortune Emma sees an old friend from high school while working at the cafe. At first, she thinks he should be paying more attention to his date. Until she realizes she wants him to pay attention to her.
Part Two: Love, Not Luck Lucky Lucy loses her luck when her jade necklace breaks. Little does she know that a new streak of luck is coming her way in the form of her next-balcony neighbor Carter.
Part Three: Takeout Stella meets chef Evan when he enters her jewelry shop with his daughter Katie. Can she be brave enough to find love despite the complications they both have in their lives?
My favorite part about this book is that each section was so different, yet tied together so that it worked perfectly to have them together. You know? Ok. Basically, each author was different and had a different story. But together, it made sense because the characters in each part interacted with each other. I loved it. That's what I'm getting at. I thought it was brilliant.
Each story was very romantic and very real. All of the characters had to work for love in their own way, making them very realistic and easy to relate to. I love the idea of a "magic fortune cookie", especially because I think more than anything, it opened the characters' eyes to what they wanted in their lives and gave them the motivation to go get it.
Great book. Romantic adventures. Fun read.
Find The Fortune Cafe by clicking on any of the links below:
AMAZON
BARNES & NOBLE
KOBO
GOODREADS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment